Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Waking Up With A Stranger...

Or, to put it less salaciously, waking up to find my story STRANGER AT THE HELL GATE (The Wild Rose Press, 2013) available on Amazon. J

Last week, I finally got the news I'd been eagerly anticipating: STRANGER AT THE HELL GATE was set for release on July 10, 2013. After working with Callie Lynn Wolfe for several months, we finally had the date as well as the approved galley. It was a great achievement and I couldn't wait to share the announcement.

A heavy work schedule put me off several days from hitting the Internet, though. When I finally had a moment to do it, though, there was another email waiting for me.

STRANGER would go up on KDP Select first. And it would be up in a few days.

All my plans were tossed up into the air. So much for my leisurely announcement--now it was a completely crazy situation. What's an author to do? 
Practical as I occasionally am, I wrote my post for the Query Tracker blog (aptly focusing on the KDP and my emergent situation). Then, it was a matter of sit and wait. 
Well, the wait wasn't much of a wait after all. 
My STRANGER has arrived.
STRANGER AT THE HELL GATE
by Ash Krafton

Jagger Sintallon, a half-demon warrior, has dedicated his existence to fighting demons who enter the world through Hell gates. A loner of conflicting ideals, he offers shelter to a troubled woman but knows he is too rough, too dangerous, and too cocky for her delicate nature.
Dedicated to Divine Will, Sonya Camael, a Seraph, is determined to discover why she is drawn to Jagger's doorstep and the reason behind her mission. She needs the demon's help but fears he may get himself killed before she can figure it out and the world slips into Hell's dominion.
Sonya faces grave danger with evil stalking her every move, and Jagger shouldn't care but realizes he cares more than he'd likely admit. Sonya knows Jagger cannot win this war alone, but will her divine intervention mean his imminent end? Or will just the right combination of Heaven and Hell set the world right once again?

This is my first release with The Wild Rose Press. I'm thrilled to be a part of their garden--and proud to be included in their Black Rose line. Thank you, Editor Callie and thank you to all the readers who take my STRANGER home with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!